These are very tasty – as with keto-friendly foods, they’re super low-carb and full of yummy fat. PS-I don’t do macros as I am not an official food blogger, so please don’t ask.
TMc’s Sausage Balls (Keto-friendly)
These are very tasty – as with keto-friendly foods, they're super low-carb and full of yummy fat.
- 1 lb Spicy pork breakfast sausage (raw chub)
- 1 Large egg
- 1 TBSP Butter (softened or melted)
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese (green can!)
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 8 ounces Shredded cheese (this is by weight – should be about 2 cups when all shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix/mash everything together – I add the shredded cheese last
- Portion out via scoop, roll into balls, place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper (you can use just foil here but if you do, I'd spray it lightly with PAM or some such)
- Bake in the center of the oven for 15-20 minutes – start checking around 13 min
- These are usually done visually when you see the cheese poofing out of the meat, and you're getting a greasy pool in the pan (sounds gross but it's yum)
- These are done at 165F if you take their temp with an instant-read thermometer.
- Do not overcook, or they will get kind of rubbery.
- Cool down thoroughly, store in fridge for up to 3 days or freeze immediately and pull out as needed.
- One batch makes about 30-ish if you use a 1.25 TBSP cookie scoop for portioning.
- I usually make a double batch, because I portion them 6 to a snack baggie and keep them in the freezer for instant gratification.