I am blessed with a mostly-vegetarian friend who has been known to go a little off-the-approved-eating list for this one.
TMc's Tuna Pasta Salad
This one is perfection after 8-12 hours in the fridge.
Recipe type: Main
- 8 oz (half bag/box) small shell pasta - the very little ones
- 6 oz tuna fish in water, drained
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and minced
- 1 TBSP minced red onion OR 2 TBSP finely sliced green onion (part bulbs, part tops)
- 1 C full-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 C full-fat sour cream
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1-1/2 tsp dried tarragon leaves
- 1-1/2 tsp dried parsley leaves
- 1 TBSP dried dill
- Boil the pasta to its al dente rating per the package instructions
- While the pasta is cooking, mix together all the other ingredients in a 2+ quart bowl
- Drain the pasta (do NOT rinse!), mix into the bowl
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours, and stir well before serving
If you're feeling extra jazzy, toss in a couple tablespoons of Wickles brand Relish!